POSITION: Visual Merchandising Designer
LOCATION: New York, NY (*onsite only)
DURATION: Initial 3 month contract, likely to extend
HOURS: Standard 40 hour workweek
OTHER: FULL BENEFITS are available throughout contract!
The Visual Merchandising Designer will work on the three-dimensional design conceptualization and coordination of VM fixtures and elements, as well as producing clear directives to the regions to successfully execute in-store. Their designs will bring to life seasonal global launches as well as permanent assortments in all types of retail environments.
The Designer will report to the Director of Global Visual Merchandising. As a member of the Global Merchandising team, the overall goal is to ensure that a consistent look and feel is carried out at counter and the Bobbi Brown overall brand image continues to evolve, ensuring a strong brand presence in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Conceptualize dimensional displays through hand sketching, references, building in 3D and rendering (Rhino + Keyshot preferred)
- Create technical drawings and guidelines for the designs created (Illustrator + InDesign)
- Demonstrate an understanding of materials, manufacturing processes, cost, and time requirements of dimensional design.
- Build prototypes if needed either in house or through vendor
- Consideration of graphic elements applicable to VM designs
- Attend meetings, present concepts and report on status of current projects if necessary.
- Maintain communication with cross functional teams to meet the vision of the brand.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in visual arts and merchandising, travel as necessary, and complete in-store site visits to observe counters in action and/or approve production, research trends and materials.
- Position requires 3+ years of experience, preferably in industrial design, visual merchandising, store planning/design, event design, or related experience.
- Computer skills: Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design, Rhino, Keyshot, and MS Excel.
- Strong 3D design skills with a great sense of 2D design.
- Strong ability to render and communicate ideas, flexibility of vision, responsiveness to creative input and great visual sensibilities.
- Excellent hand-skills to comp creative concepts to highest presentation quality.
- Able to work collaboratively with Creative and Non-Creative team members to give ideas as well as take direction.
- Understanding of current fashion/retail trends, ability to identify and translate trends in the industry and the consumer marketplace.
- Thorough knowledge of all digital file formats and their best-practice applications.
- Understanding of server protocol and follow through on file back-up and archiving procedures to prevent the loss of work product.
A professional design portfolio is required in order to be considered for this position!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.