My client - a Global Retailer - is looking for a Data Engineer to deliver cutting edge data systems that support the Business Intelligence and Analytics functions within Marketing. This role is located in NYC - Manhattan, and will offer a base salary up to $110,000.00
This individual will be responsible for integrating and automating data flows, designing and building data marts and managing big data systems, working with diverse on-premise systems and the Azure cloud.
What you'll get to do:
- Integrate data from multiple databases across different platforms such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata and Hadoop to integrate data and build a data lake and analytical data marts.
- Work with the Lead Data Architect to determine high level data strategy for the Enterprise Data Warehouse within a Microsoft Azure environment.
- Work extensively with Azure Data Warehouse MPP database platform.
- Create logical and physical data models for operational applications and all analytic applications.
- Participate in ETL design and act as the subject matter expert on source and target data structures.
- Work with various outside vendors and internal support teams in maintaining and/or enhancing processes and data integrations.
- Support business by generating ad-hoc analysis, using SQL, for overall business as needed.
- Perform extensive data quality and data analysis checks to ensure integrity of database for business use.
- Work with business partners on the full lifecycle of data related projects from requirements analysis and design through development.
- Maintain and manage scheduling and distribution of reporting as well as the server processes and jobs for on-premise and Azure cloud environments.
- Investigate and resolve root cause for complex data issues.
- Script and automate processes.
- Diagram and document databases and data flows.
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in database development and administration.
- Experience with data integration and database design plus knowledge of data warehousing methodologies.
- Experience with ETL tools: Microsoft SSIS preferred. Azure Data Factory is a plus!
- Strong skills in SQL to analyze, manipulate data, investigate data problems, and develop reports.
- Experience with enterprise reporting tools. Business Objects, Microsoft SSRS, Power BI or Tableau preferred.
- Familiarity with a programming/scripting language such as Java, .Net, PowerShell or Python.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive experience preferred.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.