Title: Experiential Visual Merchandising Designer
Initial Contract Length: 6 Months +
Location: Onsite in Manhattan
Other: Full Benefits Available.
My client, a major cosmetic company in Manhattan, is looking for a Consumer Experience Designer. This role sits with the visual merchandizing team and will be involved in high level concepting for a cohesive and effective brand experience for consumers. This will be across all physical products; from window displays, to brick and mortar stores, to pop-ups, to digital interfaces and any other touch point the consumer has with the brand.
- Create working drawings, storyboards, layouts, mood boards, and mockups to evaluate and present ideas in initial project phases.
- Present competitive research, concepts and designs with sophisticated, clean and professional visual tools and verbal skills to all creative teams, especially digital & visual merchandizing teams.
- Understand larger company goals and be an ambassador for the brand at all times.
- Effectively communicate within the design process to the visual merchandizing and digital teams and internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate with internal teams leading up to and during activations to ensure approved creative materials are delivered on a timely basis, always maintaining consistency and quality.
- Maintain a broad understanding of how the audience interacts with all aspects of the brand (from windows, to brick and mortar stores, to pop-ups, to digital interfaces) and make use of this knowledge in the development of new projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Environmental Design, Architecture, or similar discipline.
- 2-3 years retail/cosmetic/agency/internship experience in Design for retail, events, conferences, or other experiential design disciplines.
- Strong portfolio of creative conceptual work, highlighting thought process and ideation process.
- Expert use of Rhino or AutoCAD. 3D Rendering is a must.
- Comfortable designing for 2D within Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Animation skills a plus, but not necessary.
- Be a team player who collaborates easily + brings creative momentum to projects.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.