My client, a major broadcasting company, is looking for a creative Data Visualization Designer to join their team. This is a project-based role will require a highly creative, innovative, and technical candidate. This will be a 6 month long project located in NYC, with likelihood to extend.
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 1 year hands on coding in D3. The ideal applicant has a passion for data design and Breaking News alike. A typical day may entail coding D3 charts and graphs for a quick turnaround in a busy environment utilizing an external daily GFX system. The position also will require refactoring templates to be utilized throughout the team.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- Must be proficient in D3.js (minimum 1 year professional experience)
- Confidence working in a VERY fast-paced, tight deadline, breaking news environment
- Understanding of how to refactor templates & reimagine old templates in accordance to current design standards
- Knowledge of how to convert Excel data in infographics and best practice data visualization
- Knowledge of Adobe CS a plus
*** You must be available immediately to start a 6 month + long contract working a 40 hour work week onsite in Manhattan. ***
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.