Title: Packaging Developer
Location: Manhattan (onsite only)
Industry: Beauty and Skincare Retail
Duration: Initial 1 year contract, potential to extend further
Hours: Standard 40 hour workweek
Other: Full benefits available!
We are seeking a Packaging Developer to join a leading cosmetics company in Manhattan. The Packaging Developer will serve as a project manager within a regulatory packaging supply chain. Primary responsibilities include rolling out new packaging regulations across existing product lines, ensuring technical guidelines are met, and overseeing end-to-end project lifecycles.
- Understand that the first consumer experience is the package. Represent the culture and DNA of the brand or business segment being managed.
- Support the Address Change Initiative by managing all aspects of the development process.
- Packaging outline development
- Loading Drawing
- Approving Specifications
- Issuing Standards
- Maintain tracking documents
- Participate in weekly meetings with a core team
- Share progress with senior management
- Manage projects through Technical Packaging to ensure design and construction meets all Estee Lauder engineering requirements.
- Develop and implement package test plans for all projects.
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality Engineering to define specifications, design criteria and defect ranges to ensure optimal process flow from manufacture of components through filling and assembly.
- Develop package specifications and validate that technical drawings clearly identify all aspects required to define the package.
- Ensure all projects are completed and meet the intended design, quality, cost, functionality, and manufacturability objectives.
- Ensure component production and filling/assembly are operating efficiently at optimal rate of production.
- Ensure that packages/components meet the needs of the Brand, corporation, Regulatory and Environmental Legislation, and consumer safety.
- With the assistance of senior development, provide detailed component timelines including all package development tasks and manage them.
- Support Global Brand Supply Chain (GBSC) and Global Supplier Relations (GSR) with package development schedules and identify risks or ways to mitigate risks to support a component availability requirement.
- Identify and inform GBSC and GSR of any risks and or delays during the course of development.
- Establish workload priorities to ensure all projects are managed within expected due dates.
Direct and Indirect Management
- Communicate and work closely with all development groups including Marketing, Product Development, R&D and Design.
- Work with Package Operations to generate outlines efficiently and process artwork correctly and effectively.
- Work with GBSC and GSR to manage specific project development and provide detail analysis on risk when required.
- Build and cultivate relationships with Global Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering.
Education, Direct Experience and Technical Skill:
- Minimum BS degree in Packaging Science or Engineering preferred
- CIPT Certification preferred
- 3 + years' experience in Package Development, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing or Package Testing lab in cosmetics or related industry.
- Experience in beauty or related industry in a technical capacity.
- Capable of generating components and assemblies using 3D CAD a plus.
- Proficiency in computer systems including Package Definition Systems, MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Timeline management systems.
- Technical competency in analysis of geometric objects in 2 and 3 dimensions including understanding of clearances, fit and finish of packaging components and subcomponents.
- Basic knowledge of materials used in the construction and manufacturing of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging including but not limited to:
- Injection molding.
- Extrusion molding.
- Metal forming.
- Glass forming.
- Vacuum forming.
- Assembly of components.
- Dispensing systems (Pump, Airless).
- Folding carton and rigid box design.
- Basic knowledge of decorating techniques and materials used on primary, secondary and tertiary packaging.
- Basic knowledge of test methods used to validate component/package performance.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.