Title: Print Packaging Production Manager
Duration: Initial 6 month contract, likely to be extended
Hours: Full-time in office
A fantastic beauty cosmetic company in Jersey City is looking for a freelance Print Production Manager who is mid to senior level with experience in print and packaging production. This person will create and update accurate digital mechanicals for packaging with exacting skill and a thorough understanding of applying design standards.
- While this position centers on updating digital packaging mechanicals, a thorough understanding of the language of design, acute sensitivity to typography, and follow-through on all corporate design standards and direction is imperative.
- While working within specifications set forward by Design, backed by the art directors, create flawless, high-quality digital files with any necessary markups to ensure vendors have accurate production direction on all jobs.
- Must follow through diligently with details of all projects from understanding design-routing to final production release--making rounds of corrections, creating comps as needed, making changes as necessary.
- Interact with other departments as needed, creative, art directors, developers, to ensure smooth execution of projects.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of printing and output processes.
- Must understand the production of 4-color photography, specifically as it relates to packaging mechanicals and printing processes.
- Must follow all departmental protocols, server protocols, routing, and archiving procedures. Back up files regularly to avoid loss of work.
- 5-7 years of hands-on production experience in a corporate environment preferably experienced in the cosmetics industry.
- Excellent computer skills on all Macintosh programs; Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of all digital file formats and their best-practice applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Superior organizational skills to handle the details of several projects simultaneously with the ability to juggle pressing priorities with ease.
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- All applicants must have a design portfolio
- Full benefits offered to all Madison Black contractors
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.